Peninsula School of Primary Care
INTRODUCTION TO THE RCGP E-PORTFOLIO & ASSESSMENTS
GPST CHECKLIST BEFORE EACH EDUCATIONAL SUPERVISOR REVIEW
- ALL trainees require an ESR every 6 months, whether working full time or LTFT.
- Agree date for face-to-face review with your Educational Supervisor (ES) – you should get in touch with them
- Complete the self-rating for the review your ES will set up on the e-Po (do it in good time, so your ES has time to look at it before your review)
- Make sure all your evidence is in place.
- Aim for a minimum 1-2 meaningful, reflective Learning Log entries per week
- Try to log at least 2 Significant Event Analyses per year (events where, on reflection, things could have been done differently to bring about an improved outcome, and which have been discussed and reflected on with colleagues)
- Make sure there is a good balance of clinical encounters as well as other types of log entries (see guidance on writing learning log entries)
- In advance of your ARCP, remember to submit your completed Form R to your Learning Log as a 'Course/Certificate' by the evidence submission deadline.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ST1s
- You need to complete two cycles of MSF in ST1.
When you are in hospital posts, you need 5 responses, but if you spend time in a GP placement during your ST1 year, you need 10 responses (5 clinicians and 5 non-clinicians)
REQUIREMENTS FOR HOSPITAL POSTS IN ST1/2
For each 6 months you spend in hospital posts you need to log:
- Minimum 3 CbDs
- Minimum 3 Mini-CEXs
- And for each post (3, 4 or 6mo), you will need a CSR
(your Clinical Supervisor cannot be added to your e-Po; you need to send them tickets to complete assessments)
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR GP PLACEMENT IN ST1/2
- PSQ (minimum 40 responses)
- 2 Out of Hours sessions*
- Minimum 3 CbDs
- Minimum 3 COTs
- CEPs as appropriate.
(These need to be completed by the end of the 3 years of training. You can evidence these using CEPs forms, through your learning logs and via COTs and Mini-CEX assessments. There is no set number of CEPs to perform, but there needs to be enough to demonstrate your competence in clinical examinations, and show progression over the course of your reviews. There are some particular examinations that need to be specifically included. These are breast examinations, rectal and prostate examinations, and the examinations of male and female genitalia)
- Quality improvement activity (for more info see HERE and the RCGP guidance can be found HERE)
- ESR (you don’t need a CSR if in GP)
*Out of Hours sessions should be tagged as such on your Learning Log, and don’t forget to upload the completed OOH record form to the log entry once it’s been signed by your supervisor. Do not put in your personal library, as this is not visible to anyone other than you. OOH Guidance and downloadable blank record forms can be found HERE
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ST3
Before you can be signed off at your final ARCP as having “gained all the required competences for the completion of training”, in addition to completing your required OOH shifts & WPBAs, you also need to obtain/complete:
- Level 3 certification in Child Safeguarding and reflective learning log entry demonstrating your competency and experience in child safeguarding
- 6 reflective log entries on each of the OOH competencies and a final, summarising piece reflecting on your overall OOH experience
- Quality Improvement Project - uploaded to your ePortfolio learning log and reflected upon
- Valid CPR & AED certification
Prescribing Assessment - NEW FROM AUGUST 2019
Please note that the Prescribing Assessment must be completed by all full time trainees who start ST3 in August 2019. This is a pilot assessment that must be completed by January 2020. This assessment involves a trainee reviewing their retrospective 60 prescriptions and mapping them against potential prescribing errors. Once all steps of the assessment are complete, evidence should be uploaded to the ePortfolio. Completion of the Prescribing Assessment is in lieu of 2 CBDs in ST3, so only 10 are required overall in ST3. LTFT and out-of-sync trainees are also welcome to complete the Prescribing Assessment in lieu of 2 CBDs.
Further information on the Prescribing Assessment can be found here.
|Required over course of each training year|
|CbDs||minimum 6||minimum 12|
|minimum 6||minimum 12, to include at least 1 Audio-COT|
|MSF||2 during ST1||2 during ST3|
|PSQ||If in GP Placement||1 during ST3|
|CSR||Each hospital placement|
|OOH||2 x when in GP||6|
|Quality Improvement||1 x when in GP placement||
1 x Quality Improvement Project
|FORM R||SUBMIT BY ARCP EVIDENCE DEADLINE|
|L3 Child Safeguarding||Submit by final ARCP evidence deadline|
|CPR & AED Certification||Recommended||Submit by final ARCP evidence deadline|
Updated July 2019