What’s on offer?
- A bursary of up to £3,500 a month whilst you are on a placement
- Help towards indemnity costs and other fees
- No assessment fees for first time applicants
- Access to a dedicated account manager
- Options to complete most parts of the scheme before moving back to England, if you are living overseas
Applicants will be eligible for a full time bursary (37.5 hours per week) or pro-rata for part-time participation.
Claiming your bursary
The bursary placement will be paid directly to you from the GPNRO.
In order to claim, you should:
- Complete the Claim Form A before you begin your placement
- Your educational supervisor or practice manager should counter sign the number of hours you have participated Claim Form B.
- Complete Claim Form C.
All forms should be sent to the GPNRO. Claim form B and C should be submitted every four weeks and should take about 4 to 6 weeks to be paid.
Should any changes occur to the start, timing or breaks in the placement these must be notified to the GPNRO immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Claimants are advised to keep a copy of all their completed forms.
Please note that the practice is not involved in the claim process other than to confirm the hours present.
To participate in the scheme, you should have medical indemnity.
It is the responsibility of the doctor receiving payment to declare all payments to HM Revenue and Customs.