What’s on offer?
- A bursary of up to £3,500 a month whilst you are on a placement
- Help towards indemnity costs and other fees worth £1,714
- No assessment fees for first time applicants
- Access to a dedicated account manager
- Options to complete most parts of the scheme before moving back to England, if you are living overseas
- Help with relocation costs if you move to some parts of England
Applicants will be eligible for a full time bursary (37.5 hours per week) or pro-rata for part-time participation.
Claiming your bursary
The bursary placement will be paid directly to you from the GPNRO.
In order to claim, you should:
- Complete the Claim Form A before you begin your placement
- Your educational supervisor or practice manager should counter sign the number of hours you have participated Claim Form B.
- Complete Claim Form C.
All forms should be sent to the GPNRO. Claim form B and C should be submitted every four weeks and should take about 4 to 6 weeks to be paid.
Should any changes occur to the start, timing or breaks in the placement these must be notified to the GPNRO immediately by email (email@example.com). Claimants are advised to keep a copy of all their completed forms.
Please note that the practice is not involved in the claim process other than to confirm the hours present.
To participate in the scheme, you should have medical indemnity, which is available at a reduced rate for the duration of your placement.
You may only claim for one sitting of each LNA i.e. one MCQ sitting and one simulated surgery.
The current fee is:
A. MCQ, first sitting (both papers) free, then any re-sits : £150 for both papers, £75 for one paper.
B. Simulated surgery: first sitting free then any re-sits are £850
C. Total claim permitted per I&R doctor: £1000
It is the responsibility of the doctor receiving payment to declare all payments to HM Revenue and Customs.