In order to ensure that your invoice is processed as promptly as possible, please follow the guidance below.
- Ensure your company name is clearly stated on the invoice. This will allow your invoice to be paid correctly.
- Ensure your company address (including postcode) is shown on the invoice. Missing details may result in delayed payment or returned invoices. Your postcode is essential as this allows us to pay the correct site within our accounting system. Failure to provide your postcode could result in incorrect payments.
- Please ensure all relevant telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses are also provided as this will allow us to contact you quickly if there is any reason why your invoice cannot be processed.
- Highlight which organisation you are billing. This must be the organisation / trust address only and not the individual hospital address. If the organisation name, organisation ID or payables code is missing from the invoice/credit it will be returned as SBS will be unable to process it. For more details on organisation codes visit www.sbs.nhs.uk
- Clearly identify if the item is an invoice or credit note. If this is not stated your invoice / credit may be returned.
- Ensure that your invoice / credit has an identifiable invoice / credit number stated. Invoices received without an invoice number will be returned.
- Ensure the tax point / invoice date is clearly shown. This allows us to action your invoice within the correct payment terms.
- Clearly show the 'ship to' address to allow the invoice to be allocated to the correct stores department within the organisation. Not advising of the delivery address may delay payment.
- Include any important comments on your invoice. This will speed up the processing time. For example credit notes require the related Invoice number to be quoted to allow them to be matched to the original invoice.
- Quote all PO numbers provided. Not providing the correct PO number will delay the payment of your invoice. It may cause issues with matching, and if you are flagged as 100% PO Supplier for the Organisation billed this will result in your invoice being returned to you. Please check with the Organisation you are billing if you are flagged as 100% PO.
- Please note that quoting an incorrect or expired PO will cause your invoice to be returned. If an Organisation is ordering against a call off order please ensure you request a new PO if the previous order has expired.
- If there is no PO number provided please quote the name of the person requesting the goods in the PO Box. This should be in the format of XX First Initial and Last Name, for example XXJBLOGGS. Providing this information will allow it to be processed more swiftly.
- Advising the contact name of who ordered the goods will allow the invoice to be processed more swiftly.
- Ensure all goods / service details are provided. Advise of quantity billed, item description, unit price and total value. If all the information is provided it will enable the Invoice to be processed easily allowing for prompt payment. Missing information could delay payment.
- Quote all relevant bank details. If bank details are not quoted your invoice may be paid via cheque. Please quote all remittance addresses to allow us to post, fax or email the remittance to the correct location. If your invoice is above the organisations cheque threshold and you have not quoted bank details payment of your invoice may be delayed.
- Delivery note numbers are very useful. When quoted they can help the Organisations action their invoices quickly.
- Please state your payment terms on all invoices.
- Ensure a clear breakdown of invoice value is provided. Invoices that are calculated incorrectly will be returned.
- Advise of any handling or freight charges. Ensure a clear VAT breakdown is provided to avoid delays.
In addition please ensure your Invoice / Credit Note:
- Is legible. Items will be scanned onto our system so need to be clear.
- Contains the relevant supporting information, such as timesheets
- Is not printed on dark paper or in purple ink for scanning purposes.
- Is not handwritten. Please obtain an invoice template from www.sbs.nhs.uk
- Is not stapled as this may create problems when it is scanned.