Procedures for Trainees in Practice
Before the Trainee starts
When a Trainee is coming to the practice there are various procedures that need to be followed.
- Before a Trainee can be added to the Performers List and be paid they must contact the relevant Lead Employer for further information. Entry onto the Performers List can be a long process with a substantial amount of paperwork to complete. Therefore, trainees must start this process early and applications must be submitted before the start of their practice placements, otherwise they will not be able to start.
- Information about DBS checks (formally CRB checks) Trainees need to liaise with their Lead Employer regarding DBS checks
- Check a GPST's status on the Medical Performers List
- It is the trainee's responsibility to ensure they are on the Performers List and they they have Medical Indemnity cover. They must inform SBS immediately of any changes to their circumstances that might affect the Performers List e.g. when they rotate into a trust post; when they complete training.
Whilst the Trainee is in Practice
Study Leave and absences
- Trainee study leave and monthly leave allocation records should be kept by the Lead Employer
- Please inform the relevant Lead Employer of any absence to training
Change of contract circumstances
Trainees should complete a change of circumstances form.
Trainees' annual leave entitlement is a minimum of 27 days per year (not including bank holidays). This will rise to 32 days per year with 5 years of completed NHS service
If you require further information please contact the relevant Lead Employer directly